Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society of Thailand (AAIAT)
Mission: The Allergy, asthma and Immunology Association of Thailand (AAIAT) was established in 1984 with the purpose to improve allergy care through education, training and research; to support its membership in providing a high quality service for the treatment of people with allergic diseases and other disorders of the immune system; and to provide the networking of the members within the nation and also among international collaboration.
Founding Date: April 4, 1984
The Executive boards of AAIAT have their specific aims to improve the healthcare of Thai patients with allergic or immunologic disorders and to improve knowledge in disciplines of allergy and immunology among health-related personnel in Thailand. Continuing activities of the societies include:
- Two scientific meetings per year for members and interested scientists/physicians.
- Public activities in collaboration with international organizations such as the marathon run and public education on asthma and allergic diseases during World Asthma Day with ICAACI in 1998 and in 2009 and the World Allergy Awareness Day in 2000, and still actively conduct this activity yearly till now.
- Holding the Editorial office for the Asian Pacific Journal of Allergy and Immunology (published four times per year), which is now the official journal of the Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society of Thailand. The Journal is a peer-reviewed journal and is indexed in Index Medicus and Medline.
- Arranging the inter-hospital conferences on allergy and immunology (held 4 times per year).
- Fund raising support for fellows and related healthcare personnel for their continuing research and education.
Experience in Organizing International Congresses
In 1992, the first Asia Pacific Congress of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology (APCAACI), was held in Bangkok, Thailand.
In 2000, in affiliation with the IUIS (International Union of Immunological Societies) and FIMSA (Federation of Immunological Societies of Asia and Oceania), the Society hosted the 2nd FIMSA Congress in Bangkok with resounding success (5 congress days, 614 attendants from 32 countries, with 203 abstracts and 18 exhibit booths).
In 2007, in affiliation with World Allergy Organization (WAO), APAAACI and the West-Pacific of Allergy Organization, the Society hosted the XX World Allergy Congress (formerly ICACI congress) in Bangkok with great success (5 congress days, 4,500 attendants from 100 countries, with 900 abstracts and 50 exhibition booths).
In 2013, The Asia Pacific Association of Pediatric Allergy, Respirology, and Immunology Congress 2013 (APAPARI) was held at Plaza Athenee hotel, Bangkok, Thailand from October 2-4 with 680 participants from over 25 countries. This congress was organized by the Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Association of Thailand (AAIAT) under the support and collaboration from the APAPARI and the World Allergy Organization (WAO).