[ Polish Version ]
Welcome to the Allergic Diseases Resource Center. Whether you are a health professional, a person with allergies, or a caregiver to someone with allergies, WAO's Allergic Diseases Resource Center has something for you.
By following the links below, you will find clear information about allergic diseases and up-to-the-minute news of developments in allergy management and treatment, written by the World's leading allergy experts.
The disease summaries for Health Professionals have been written to provide an up-to-date overview of the main allergic diseases. The materials can be referenced in publications using the following citation:
Title of Disease Summary. Name of Author. World Allergy Organization website. Accessed (date).
Disclaimer: The patient-oriented information on this website is not intended to replace a consultation with a physician. The information is intended to help patients understand their symptoms and allergic diseases(s) better and make the time spent with a doctor more productive.
- Acute Asthma Kaliner M, Lockey R (2004)
- Allergen Avoidance Platts-Mills T (2004)
- Allergen Specific Immunotherapy Document Canonica WG, Baena-Cagnani CE, et al (2006)
- Allergen Standardization and Characterization Fernández-Caldas E, Zakzuk J, Lockey R (2009)
- Allergic Asthma li HH, Kaliner MA (2006)
- Allergic March Wahn U (2007)
- Allergic Remodeling Lieerman PL (2008)
- Allergy to Anaesthetic Agents Birnbaum J, Vervloet D (2007)
- Allergy Diagnostic Testing Oppenheimer J, Durham S, Nelson H (2007)
- Allergy in Pregnancy Pali-Schöll I, Jensen-Jarolim E (2009)
- Allergy to Insect Stings and Bites Heddle R, Golden DBK (2008)
- Updated! Anaphylaxis Lockey R (Updated 2012)
- Updated! Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease (AERD) Kowalski ML (Updated 2013)
- Asthma, Bronchial Hyperresponsiveness and Sports Carlsen HK, Delgado L (2009)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Asthma: Similarities and Differences Watkins R, Laber D, Peters SP (2009)
- Combined Allergic Rhinitis and Asthma Syndrome (2004)
- Contact Dermatitis (2004)
- Cow's Milk Allergy in Children Motala C, Fiocchi A (2011)
- Diagnosis of Occupational Asthma Quirce S, Sastre J (2005)
- Diagnostic Approach to the Adult with Suspected Immune Deficiency Chinratanapisit S, Sriaroon P, Sleasman JW (2008)
- Drug Allergies Thong B, Motala C, Vervloet D (2007)
- Eczema, Atopic Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis Ring J, Darsow U (2008)
- Food Allergy Motala C (2004)
- Updated! Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis in the Workplace Quirce S, Sastre J (Updated 2013)
- IgE in Clinical Allergy and Allergy Diagnosis (2003)
- Immunotherapy Canonica GW, Durham SR (2004)
- Influenza and Asthma: A Review Pesek RD, Lockey RF (2010)
- Latex Reactions Katelaris C (2004)
- Mastocytosis - Where are we now? McNeill O, Katelaris C (2011)
- Nomenclature for Allergic Diseases (2004)
- Occupational Allergens Sastre J, Quirce S (2007)
- Ocular Allergy Katelaris C (2004)
- Pharmacotherapy Saha S, Siddiqui S, Bradding P, Holgate ST (2007)
- Practical Issues in the Treatment of Acute Asthma in Children Vichyanond P (2009)
- Prevention of Allergy and Allergic Asthma (PAAA) World Allergy Organization (2003)
- Rhinitis (2005)
- Rhinitis - In-Depth Review Scarupa MD, Kaliner MA (2006)
- Rhinosinusitis (2004)
- The Role of Cytokines in the Inflammatory Process of Asthma and Response to Therapy Townley RG (2008)
- Upper Airway Edema Katelaris C (2004)
- Treatment of Asthma in Children 5 Years and Under, Based on Different Global Guidelines Potter PC (2009)
- Urticaria and Angioedema Kaplan AP (2004)
- Vaccination and the Risk of Atopy and Asthma Rottem M (2011)
- Vasculitis Ledford DK (2007)
If you're not sure which synopsis to read, click on the body image above. Highlight the part of the body where you are experiencing symptoms, and some synopses will be sugggested.
New topics in allergy are regularly added to this section. If you would like to be notified as new information is added to the site, please register for our monthly E-Letter.
For more information, or to contact the allergy society in your country, please visit our Global Allergy Links section.