Welcome to the WAO Junior Members Group!
To assure the future of the specialty of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, the World Allergy Organization (WAO) wants to support and encourage young clinicians and scientists in their professional careers. WAO is looking for those individuals who have the passion and ability to contribute to the ongoing work of the WAO and become its future leaders.
What benefits will you enjoy as a WAO Junior Member?
- Travel grants to WAO educational activities, including the World Allergy Congress
- A worldwide professional network of junior physicians and scientists
- Occasions to interact with the leading international experts in the field
- The opportunity to develop a leadership role in the specialty
- Junior Member rates for WAO scientific meetings
- Dedicated activities and educational sessions for Junior Members at WAO Scientific meetings
- Opportunities for publication of research in the World Allergy Organization Journal
- An online destination for Junior Member news ad networking
- A column in the WAO News and Notes electronic newsletter written by and for Junior Members
The WAO Junior Members Group was launched in March 2011. As the group continues to develop, dedicated educational and social activities geared toward the needs of the junior members will be arranged during WAO meetings. The Junior Members Poster Reception was held during the WAO International Scientific Conference in Hyderabad, India on 7 December 2012. Click here to learn more!
Joining the WAO Junior Members Group - Requirements
To become a member of the WAO Junior Members Group, individuals must meet the membership requirements listed below. To complete the application, click on the Join Now link above.
- Working in the field of allergy/clinical immunology
- Under 35 years of age or within 5 years of a training program in allergy, asthma, clinical immunology or related field
- A current member of a WAO Member Society
We look forward to your involvement in the new WAO Junior Members Group!
Please Note: Activities of the WAO Junior Members Group are subject to the availability of resources and based on priorities decided upon by the group members.
Last Updated: 4 January 2013