Junior Member News - April 2014
WAO Junior Members Group
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
After 3 years of the first announcement of the creation of the WAO Junior Members Group (JMG), we have been counting with increasingly number of Junior Members from all around the world. In this scene, the foundation of our group goes perfectly with the WAO mission on being a global resource in the field of allergy and clinical immunology to advance excellence in clinical care through education, research and training as a worldwide alliance of allergy and clinical immunology societies. Therefore, the WAO JMG has been designated to promote new developments useful for patient’s management around the world, preparing new generations of allergists and clinical immunologists and caring out the future of our specialty. From then on, we have been having the chance of being actively involved in many initiatives aiming for having achievements for our specialty and now the WAO JMG can be considered a huge family!
I take great pleasure in now taking on the chair position of the group together with Ves Dimov, our co-chair, following on from the superb job done by Matteo Bonini and Silvia Sanchez-Garcia, as founding chairs of the WAO JMG. I would like personally thank Matteo, Silvia and the members from the original WAO JM Steering Group for all the support and the good time we shared together.
Let me introduce you the members of the WAO JM Steering Group to the next 2 years term:
- Luciana Kase Tanno (Brazil)
- Ves Dimov (USA)
- Silvia Sanchez-Garcia (Spain)
- Matteo Bonini (Italy)
- Razvigor Darlenski (Bulgaria)
- Juan Carlos Aldave Becerra (Peru)
- Yuan Zhang (China)
- Hongfei Lou (China)
- Virginia Bellido (Spain)
- Andrea Vereda (France)
- Leonor Villa (Argentina)
- Ming Zheng (China)
Professors Ignacio Ansotegui and Luo Zhang will supervise and assist the group.
As JMA Chairperson, I aim to keep, support and extend existing initiatives of the WAO JMG such as:
- Development of scientific projects – our first WAO Junior Members Project on Skin Patch test has just been closed. We would like to thank all the replies! We will share the results soon!
- Journal clubs based on the monthly papers summary (2014-March.doc)
- Involvement of JM in WAO meetings – Don’t miss the Practical courses are planned to WISC 2014! (www.worldallergy.org/wisc2014)
- WAO TV interviews (http://www.worldallergy.org/members/wao_tv)
- Active participation in WAO initiatives – Be part on the World Allergy Week! (http://www.worldallergy.org/worldallergyweek/)
- Involvement of JM in WAO Special Committees (http://www.worldallergy.org/publications/)
- Contribute in Allergy Quizz (http://www.worldallergy.org/quiz/0314.php) and in Clinical Allergy Tips (www.worldallergy.org/clinical_allergy_tips/)
With the core spirit of excellence, energy and inspiration, the WAO JM Steering group expects to work in collaboration with WAO Board and with valuing active Junior Members from elsewhere to strengthen education and information empowering the level of science that will be translated in the patient’s care. We hope to work closely with you all and we kindly welcome members willing to be involved in activities to improve the profile of our specialty. (Hey, did you know that we are in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/JMG.WAO/? Join us!)
Finally, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all who have been supporting our ideas and initiatives particularly Professors Lanny Rosenwasser, Ruby Pawankar and Ignacio Ansotegui and the WAO Executive Committee and Board of Directors. I also would like to show our gratitude to WAO staff, in particular Amanda Hegg.
I would like to wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you soon.
Let’s get ready to meet in Rio (worldallergy.org/wisc2014)!
Luciana Kase Tanno, MD
Allergist and Clinical Immunologist
WAO Junior Members Group
Rua Prof Arthur Ramos, 183, cj 21
01454-011 São Paulo-SP Brazil