Junior Member News - February 2015
This year the XVIII Latin American Congress will be held in March 14-16, 2015 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
During the Congress it will be a WAO Symposium in March 16 at 12:15 – 13:45. It will be a Presidents Collaborative Symposium with SLaai.
The speakers will be:
- Mario Sanchez Borges (Venezuela): “Inflammatory markers in asthma”
- Walter Canonica (Italy): “Compliance in Asthma Treatment: What´s New?”
- Lanny Rosenwasser (USA): “The role of small airway in asthma”
The Latin American Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (SLaai) was founded in 1961. It is a coalition of 17 Allergy and Immunology National Societies from Central and South America, the Caribbean area and the Iberian Peninsula.
The mission of SLaai is:
- To promote and improve knowledge about allergic and immunologic diseases as well as other related conditions,
- To bring together allergists and other related healthcare providers in order to foster clinical and research experience exchange and
- To establish the specialty of allergy and clinical immunology as well as to include it in the undergraduate curriculum in all the Latin-American countries.
SLaai dreams to have the specialty of Allergy and Immunology in all the Latin-American countries and to enhance public awareness of the burden of allergic diseases in the region.
Visit SLaai web page for further information: http://slaai.org/
Specialist in Allergy and Immunology
WAO Junior Members Group