Latest Issue: 12 December - Join the Conversation
Click here to view all the Symposium news announcements!
Only representatives of the following media will be registered and should provide their credentials in order to receive a press registration:
- General circulation newspapers, magazines or wire services
- Medical or health care publications
- Broadcast media
- Website writers
WAO considers the following to be official credentials for media:
- A recognized press card
- Business card clearly showing media affiliation (a print, online or broadcast news organization) and position (editor, writer, producer, reporter, etc.)
- A letter on official letterhead from an editor of a recognized publication or a producer of a broadcast program certifying that the individual is covering the meeting for the respective organization
Advertising or marketing representatives will not be registered as press.
Freelancers must produce a letter of assignment from a medium such as those listed above.
Freelancers who wish to attend the meeting without a specific editorial assignment must present credentials indicating membership in a recognized professional communications association, or submit published samples of their work along with appropriate identification. Freelancers who wish further interpretation of this policy are encouraged to contact email@example.com.
To register for the WAO Symposium on Immunotherapy and Biologics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your proof of credentials.
No video or audio recording is allowed. However, press will be permitted to record audio for personal note-taking purposes. Press representatives may cover all scientific sessions and exhibits of the WAO Symposium on Immunotherapy and Biologics with the exception of sessions and meetings that are designated as restricted, closed or by invitation only in the Final Program.
In an effort to assist members of the press with planning coverage, WAO issues press releases in advance of the Symposium. However, all releases pertaining to abstracts and other research presented at WAO Symposium are embargoed until the time of presentation.
Press Policies - Exhibitor/Industry/Public Relations Professionals
- Representatives of public relations/communication and pharmaceutical organizations are not allowed in the press room and do not have access to press conferences or other press room materials. Any individual with a press badge who sells, markets or represents a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.
- News releases regarding scientific presentations made at the WAO Symposium on Immunotherapy and Biologics must be reviewed in advance by the WAO Secretariat and must be embargoed for release until the time of presentation at the meeting or news briefing.
- Materials may not indicate WAO endorsement or use the WAO logo.
- Non-WAO news briefings or other media events are prohibited in meeting areas, including hotels, during the WAO Symposium on Immunotherapy and Biologics.
- Under no conditions will lists of past or current registered press be made available.
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have WAO Symposium access revoked. Additional sanctions may apply.
Director of Publications, Education & Communications
Katie Komassa, CMP
Associate Director of Meetings