The World Allergy Organization (WAO) is pleased and excited to invite you to the 22nd World Allergy Congress, WAO’s biennial scientific meeting. We warmly invite you to Cancún, México, 4-8 December 2011 to collaborate on this global scientific meeting on allergy, asthma and clinical immunology.
The World Allergy Congress has grown and evolved from one edition to the next, and the meeting in Cancún will build on the hugely successful Congresses preceding it. The World Allergy Congress 2011 Cancún will offer the expected high quality scientific program, offering:
• 8 New Horizon bookend-sessions scheduled for the first and last days of the Congress. Dedicating full or half days to specific topics, these concurrent sessions will provide in-depth and diverse perspectives on:
- Advances in Food Allergy
- Asthma and Co-morbid conditions
- Asthma in Children
- Drug Allergy
- Is Your Patient Immunodeficient?
- Novel Scientific Approaches in Allergic and Respiratory Diseases
- Skin Diseases
- Specific Immunotherapy
• 10 Plenary Sessions, three on each day of the main meeting.
• 60+ Symposia, including those co-hosted by WAO Member Societies, WAO affiliate and invited organizations and university training programs from throughout the world. These sessions will take the form of Symposia, Debates, Hot Topics and Year-in-Reviews.
• 33 ticketed Breakfast Symposia will offer a more intimate and interactive format for exchanges with subject-matter experts.
• 39 Oral Abstract Sessions and 3 Poster Sessions will present the best of over 1,000 abstract submissions.
• 33 ticketed Workshops will offer a range of clinical and practice-based learning opportunities and have limited attendance to allow sessions to be more hands-on and interactive.
Delegates may count on a stimulating and varied scientific program, highly relevant to both the theory and practice of allergy, asthma and clinical immunology, presented by key experts from around the world and showcasing new and emerging talent.
Facilitating and enhancing the science being presented will be the beautiful setting of Cancún, México. Beach, sand, Mayan monuments, turquoise water, clear skies, the exquisite cuisine of the Yucatán and the Palace of Chichen Itza will frame our experience as we learn, network and absorb the rich mixture of indigenous and western cultures that is México.
As a global alliance of national and regional allergy, asthma and clinical immunology societies, WAO proudly partners with its member societies to host its biennial Congress. In 2011, the World Allergy Congress of WAO will also serve as the annual meeting of the Mexican College of Pediatric Allergists and Clinical Immunologists (COMPEDIA) and the Mexican College of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (CMICA).
With your participation as speakers, faculty, presenters and delegates, the 22nd World Allergy Congress, 2011 Cancún will deliver great science from around the world, continual learning, a vibrant community of colleagues and a convivial atmosphere. So let us gather in Cancún, México, 4-8 December 2011 and continue to expand the science and practice of allergy.
|Richard F. Lockey
|Thomas B. Casale
Scientific Program Committee
Local Organizing Committee
Last updated: June 17, 2011