Only representatives of the following media will be registered and should provide their credentials in order to receive a press registration:
- General circulation newspapers, magazines or wire services
- Medical or health care publications
- roadcast media
- Website writers
WAO considers the following to be official credentials for media:
- A recognized press card
- Business card clearly showing media affiliation (a print, online or broadcast news organization) and position (editor, writer, producer, reporter, etc.)
- A letter on official letterhead from an editor of a recognized publication or a producer of a broadcast program certifying that the individual is covering the conference for the respective organization
Advertising or marketing representatives will not be registered as press.
Freelancers must produce a letter of assignment from a medium such as those listed above.
Freelancers who wish to attend the meeting without a specific editorial assignment must present credentials indicating membership in a recognized professional communications association, or submit published samples of their work along with appropriate identification.
Freelancers who wish further interpretation of this policy are encouraged to contact WAO at email@example.com.
No video or audio recording is allowed. However, press will be permitted to record audio for personal note-taking purposes. Press representatives may cover all programmed sessions with the exception of sessions and meetings that are designated as restricted, closed or by invitation-only in the Final Program.
In an effort to assist members of the press with planning coverage, WAO issues press releases in advance of the World Allergy Congress. However, all releases pertaining to abstracts and other research presented at the XXII World Allergy Congress are embargoed until the time of presentation.
*No exceptions will be made to the following policies:
- Representatives of public relations/communication and pharmaceutical organizations are not allowed in the press room and do not have access to press conferences or other press room materials. Any individual with a press badge who sells, markets or represents a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.
- There will be a table inside the press room reserved for public relations/communication companies, pharmaceutical companies and other organizations to display materials related to the meeting. Materials must be approved by WAO prior to the meeting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- News releases regarding scientific presentations made at the XXII World Allergy Congress (WAC 2011) must be reviewed in advance by WAO and must be embargoed for release until the time of presentation at the meeting or news briefing. All materials for review must be submitted to the WAO staff. Please request a contact at email@example.com.
- Materials may not indicate WAO endorsement or use the WAO logo.
- Non-WAO news briefings or other media events are prohibited in meeting areas, including hotels, during the XXII World Allergy Congress.
- Under no conditions will lists of past or current registered press be made available.
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have access to the XXII World Allergy Congress revoked. Additional sanctions may apply.
Members of the working media receive waived registration fees for the XXII World Allergy Congress in Cancun, Mexico.
Registration for Press is open. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on registering as press.