The World Allergy Organization (WAO) is pleased to announce:
World Allergy Day 2007 -
4 December 2007
World Allergy Day 2007 was organized by WAO, in association with the Global Alliance Against Chronic Respiratory Diseases (GARD) program of WHO, and focused on Chronic Allergic Respiratory Diseases*. World Allergy Day included a press conference on the 'The State of World Allergy: A Report from the World Allergy Organization' and a World Allergy Day Symposium, held during World Allergy Congress, Bangkok, Thailand. This initiative aims to increase the visibility of allergy among the public, health care authorities, and all medical specialists who care for patients with allergic diseases. To access the slide presentation from the World Allergy Symposium click here.
*Chronic Allergic Respiratory diseases include allergic rhinitis, allergic rhinosinusitis, allergic asthma, allergic occupational asthma, allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis and other airway disorders caused by exposure to allergens
WAO Member Societies are encouraged to take advantage of World Allergy Day materials to organize local activities in 2007/2008.
Before setting up an Allergy Awareness Day in your country...
- Determine how you will distribute information about Allergy Awareness Day within your country. You may want to assemble a committee or task force within your organization to oversee the distribution of this information.
- Identify lay or professional groups that focus on allergic disease, inform them of your plans for promoting an Allergy Awareness Day and ask for their assistance in distributing information.
- Speak with key local government officials or entities with whom you would like to partner for help in officially proclaiming Allergy Awareness Day in your area.
- Download World Allergy Day Kit materials including:
- General Instructions
- Sample Proclamation
- Sample Media Advisory Information
- Sample News Release
- Sample Article for a Patient Newsletter
- WAO publications
- Statistical sheet
- Allergy and Allergic Asthma information sheet
- Evaluation Form