WAO Special Committee on Evidence Based Medicine
The Special Committee on Evidence Based Medicine and Methodology (further in this document referred to as the Committee) of the World Allergy Organization (WAO) is the advisory body responsible for advancing evidence-based patient care among allergy clinicians and fostering research excellence through promoting state-of-the-art research methodology.
The Committee consists of members who are researchers, methodologists, and clinicians from different allergy specialties. Members of the Committee are appointed by the WAO Board of Directors.
- Identify the needs of WAO members and other allergy clinicians and recommend issues related to evidence-based medicine and research methods for the WAO to address.
- Develop and carry out educational activities in research methodology and evidence-based clinical practice.
- Advise on deliverables for WAO methodologically focused projects
- Liaise with WAO Education and Research Councils and Special Committee on Clinical Trials in Allergy and Immunology, as well as collaborate with and provide methodological expertise to other WAO Committees and Councils.
- Provide methodological support for projects of WAO Member Societies and Organizations and provide support for Research Council projects.
Holger Schünemann, MD, PhD, MSc
Dept. Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics
McMaster University Health Sciences Centre
1200 Main Street West, Room 2C10B
Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5 CANADA