What's New (NEW)
A new article developed by the WAO Committee on Pediatric Asthma, led by Prof. Elham Hossny, has just published in the WAO Journal: “The use of inhaled corticosteroids in pediatric asthma; update” (Hossny et al, 2016). To expand upon the valuable clinical information presented in the article, several experts throughout WAO have collaborated with Dr. Dana Wallace, Prof. Juan Carlos Ivancevich and the WAO Web Editorial Board to provide additional resources on this important topic. All of the materials are available, here.
- 11 January 2017: Read the Position Statement of the Brazilian Association of Allergy and Immunology (ASBAI), Food Allergy Group In English or In Spanish.
- 28 September 2016: Read what experts have to say about epinephrine for anaphylaxis.
- 26 September 2016: New Interactive Case Report on Recurrent Shortness of Breath in and Adult is now available.
- 19 September 2016: Read the updated ADRC summary on Vaccination and the Risk of Atopy and Asthma by Menachem Rottem, MD
- 16 September 2016: Read the updated ADRC summary on Asthma, Bronchial Hyperresponsiveness and Sports by Kai-Håkon Carlsen, MD, PhD, and Luis Delgado, MD, PhD
- 15 September 2016: Read the updated ADRC summary on Latex Allergy by Sandra M. Gawchik, MD
- 13 September 2016: WAO has created several educational materials that enhance the new WAO Journal article, The use of inhaled corticosteroids in pediatric asthma: update. All of the materials are available, here.
- 1 September 2016: New Interactive Case Report on Syncope During Exercise is now available.
- 28 August 2016: Read what experts have to say about anaphylaxis episodes and anaphylaxis death.
- 10 August 2016: Read the updated ADRC summary on Vasculitis by Dennis K. Ledford, MD
- 1 July 2016: How would you like your organization to have a rich and lasting impact on the field of allergy/immunology? Submit your application for a chance to become a WAO Center of Excellence by 30 September 2016.
- 7 June 2016: The WAO Web Editorial Board is accepting applications and nominations for Regional Editor for the Asia-Pacific region. For more information, please contact the WAO Secretariat by email. The deadline for applications is 25 June 2016.
- 2 May 2016: WAC 2015 Published Abstracts are Now Available.
- 28 April 2016: Read the World Allergy Week 2016 Report to see how others participated.
- 20 April 2016: Free Webinar for World Allergy Week, recorded live on 5 April 2016, on Pollen Allergies in a Changing Global Climate. Register and view the webinar
- 15 April 2016: World Allergy Week 2016 took place from 4 to 10 April 2016. A recording to the webinar on Pollen Allergies - Adapting to a Changing Climate will be available soon. Webinar will be available here
- 31 March 2016: The World Allergy Organization (WAO) will host a live webinar for World Allergy Week 2016 on “Pollen Allergies – Adapting to a Changing Climate" on 5 April 2016 at 9:00am EST. Experts from around the world will present current understanding and insights about pollen allergies as well as how changes in climate might affect pollen seasons and the intensity of aeroallergen exposures.