31 July 2014
Early Registration Rate and Abstract Submission Deadline
31 October 2014
Regular Registration Rate Deadline
5 December 2014
On-site Registration Begins
6-9 December 2014
WAO International Scientific Conference 2014 (WISC 2014)
Abstract Submission Deadline: 31 July 2014
The World Allergy Organization (WAO) invites you to submit an abstract to be considered for inclusion in the Scientific Program of the WAO International Scientific Conference (WISC) 2014. Accepted abstracts will be presented in either Oral Abstract Sessions or Thematic Poster Sessions on 7-9 December 2014.
Please carefully read the Abstract Guidelines below before submitting an abstract. Abstracts can be only be submitted electronically through the web page.
It is the author's responsibility to submit a correctly edited and accurate abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author. Abstracts will be rejected if they contain no data or if the English is unacceptable. All Presenting Authors will receive detailed presentation guidelines when their abstract has been accepted.
In addition, accepted abstract Authors have the opportunity to submit a full paper at the conclusion of the Conference for publication.
Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Presenting Author's e-mail address immediately upon submission. In addition, all communication in regards to the Scientific Program, acceptance and presentation will be communicated using the email you have listed. Please consider this when you enter your email address so you do not miss out on valuable communications.
- The abstract must be written and presented in English
- Abstracts must contain original data and meet international ethical standards
- Only one abstract can be submitted per thematic category
- Case reports that include findings that are significant and have applied appropriate statistical and analytical methods will be considered
- Previously published and presented abstracts can be submitted
- Use a maximum of 2,500 characters (approximately 400 words) including blank spaces for the abstract text
- The Abstract Title must be in sentence case with no full stop at the end and no underlining
- Tables and graphs should not be included in the abstract
- References (maximum of 2) can be included in the body of the text
- The abstract title and the author(s) or names of institutions are not to be included in the abstract text
- Standard abbreviations may be employed in the text. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full wording at the first time the full wording appears in the body of the text
- Non-proprietary (generic) names of drugs, written in lower case, are required at the first mention of a drug
- Trade names are not allowed
Organization of the Abstract
In order to make the abstract as informative as possible, please provide:
- a brief statement of the purpose of the study
- the method used
- the result observed
- the conclusions based upon the results.
It is inadequate to state "The results will be discussed" or "The data will be presented".
We kindly ask you to subtitle the paragraphs in bold format in the following order: Background, Method, Results, and Conclusions.
A) Background: A statement of purpose of the study (preferably one sentence).
B) Methods: A brief statement of the methods used. For abstracts reporting clinical research, a sentence or phrase presenting the most important selection criteria for subjects should be included.
C) Results: A summary of the results presented in sufficient detail with statistical analysis to support the conclusions.
D) Conclusions: A statement of the conclusions reached. It is not satisfactory to state, "the results will be discussed," or "other data will be presented," etc.
Changes to abstracts are accepted only until the submission deadline by using the abstract submission website. After 31 July 2014, no changes or revisions will be allowed.
Notification of Acceptance
Notification of acceptance/rejection will be emailed by 22 September 2014. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
Publication of Abstracts
Accepted abstract Authors will have their abstract published as a supplement to the WAO Journal. In addition, accepted abstract Authors have the opportunity to submit a full paper at the conclusion of the Conference for publication.
Attendance of Presenters
WAO cannot guarantee that Presenting Authors who do not show up during the session will be accepted for abstract presentations at future meetings.
Registration and Payment
The Presenting Author must register for the Conference and pay the fee before 31 October 2014. Abstracts will be automatically withdrawn if the Presenting Author is not registered.
The Presenting Author of an accepted abstract is allowed to register with the Early Registration Fee until 31 October 2014. Registration refunds will be given to Presenting Authors of abstracts that are not accepted, if they choose not to attend WISC 2014.
Presenting Authors are responsible for arranging and paying for their own registration, travel and hotel arrangements. Affordable accommodation options are available at: http://www.worldallergy.org/wisc2014/accommodations/
Visitors from some foreign countries will require a visa. Please allow 16 business days for your visa to process. Registration costs will not be refunded if you cannot attend the Conference due to being denied for a visa or receiving your visa late. Requirements for a tourist visa include: a passport valid for at least six months from the date of arrival, one passport size photograph and a round trip ticket.
For more extensive information on the visa process, please click here.