World Allergy Week 2011
Thank you! The World Allergy Organization thanks all participants in World Allergy Week 2011 and your efforts to highlight the needs of patients with allergic and immunologic diseases and asthma, provide information about the prevalence of these disorders, and explain the need for enhanced education and patient care services.
View the World Allergy Week Event Portfolio to see the widespread participation and creative approaches of WAO Member Societies.
MEDIA COVERAGE IN MEXICO - AUDIO AND VIDEO FILES
Collaboration of regional and national societies:
Mexican College of Pediatricians Specialized in Allergy and Immunology (ComPedia)
José Antonio Ortega Martell, MD – President
Mexican College of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (CMICA)
María Isabel Rojo Gutierrez, MD – President
Latin American Society of Allergy and Immunology (SLAAI)
Sandra N. González Díaz, MD – President
Carlos Báez Loyola, MD - Treasurer (and Past President, National Counsel on Certification for Clinical Immunology and Allergy, CONICA
Media Coverage Downloads
|LAUNCH AUDIO||ACIR Panorma Informativo||Interviewer Monica Barrera with María Isabel Rojo Gutierrez, MD|
|LAUNCH AUDIO||ACIR Panorama Informativo||Story Brief by Monica Barrera with María Isabel Rojo Gutierrez, MD|
|LAUNCH AUDIO||Enfoque 101.1 FM||Interview with Carlos Báez Loyola, MD|
|LAUNCH AUDIO||Red Médica 88.1 FM (“Al Cuidado de su Salud” with Sergio Sarmiento)||Interview with Carlos Báez Loyola, MD|
|LAUNCH AUDIO||Radio Fórmula 103.3 FM||Interview with Sandra N. González Díaz, MD|
|LAUNCH VIDEO||“Las Noticias con Adela” Channel 4||World Allergy Week Television News Feature
Includes coverage of press conference with Sandra N. González Díaz, MD, María Isabel Rojo Gutierrez, MD, and José Antonio Ortega Martell, MD
WORLD ALLERGY WEEK 2011 RESOURCES
WAO White Book on Allergy
WAO White Book on Allergy: Executive Summary
Economic Burden of Allergy-Table
Note to Member Societies
Welcome Message from the WAO President
World Allergy Week Logo (jpeg format)
(If you need the World Allergy Week logo in print publication format (eps), please contact the WAO Secretariat at: email@example.com)
List of WAO Member Societies
You may also find the following additional information resources on allergy, asthma and clinical immunology on the WAO website helpful:
Marek L. Kowalski
Chair, WAO Communications Council
Co-Chair, WAO Emerging Societies Program
Co-Chair, WAO Communications Council
Lanny J. Rosenwasser
WAO Journal Editor-in-Chief
|AFRICA / MIDDLE EAST
Paul C. Potter
Chair, WAO Specialty & Training Council
Juan Carlos Ivancevich
WAO Web Editor-in-Chief
|STEERING COMMITTEE ADVISORS
Chair, WAO Education Council
Co-Chair, WAO Education Council
Project Leader, WAO White Book on Allergy
For more information or questions about World Allergy Week, contact the WAO Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE TO MEMBER SOCIETIES
Welcome to World Allergy Week 2011! WAO Member Societies are encouraged to collaborate in World Allergy Week’s global effort to highlight the needs of patients with allergic and immunologic diseases and asthma, provide information about the prevalence of these disorders, and explain the need for enhanced education and patient care services.
WAO welcomes your participation in any of the following recommended World Allergy Week activities on a national level:
- Translate the news release and disseminate it nationally, including contact information of two or three society representatives available to speak about Allergy as a Global Public Health Concern to the local and national media during World Allergy Week 2011. (The news release should not be released to the media until 1 April 2011.)
- Conduct media events. For example: host a news conference, or contact television and radio stations and ask them to host World Allergy Week 2011 interviews with local allergy specialists.
- Use the WAO White Book on Allergy as a resource; for example, if your society submitted an individual report, you may wish to use this to highlight the need for local allergy patient services and to take the opportunity to reference the full publication to your members, the public, health planners, politicians, universities, private health funders and your national Department of Health – with your society’s endorsement.
The WAO White Book on Allergy and WAO White Book on Allergy: Executive Summary are now available for download.
- Link to http://www.worldallergy.org/worldallergyweek/ from your society’s homepage and highlight the available resources.
- Please send us your ideas for promotions or activities that have been successful for your society for us to share with your fellow WAO Member Societies!
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback in developing this initiative!