For WAO Member Societies
Join Us! Lanny Rossenwasser, President of the World Allergy Organization (WAO), and Professor Motohiro Ebisawa, Chair of the WAO Communications Council, warmly welcome WAO Member Societies to World Allergy Week 2015 (13-19 April).
This year’s theme is “Airway Allergies - The Human and Economic Burden,” and there are many ways Member Societies can participate to help highlight airway allergies, provide information about increasing prevalence, and explain the need for enhanced education and patient care services that will help improve safety and quality of life for those who suffer from airway allergies.
WAO has again provided resources for its Member Societies to use for local activities. Learn more by following the links listed below.
World Allergy Week 2015 Resources
- Presentation by WAO Experts 15 April 2015 (audio)
- Presentation by WAO Experts 13 April 2015 (audio)
- Toll Free Numbers for Conference Calls on Airway Allergies
- Speakers' Biographies
- Launch Day Press Release
- Invitation to Media Press Release
- General Announcement Press Release
- Welcome Message from Dr Rosenwasser (video)
- Welcome Message from Prof Pawankar (video)
- Welcome Message from Prof Ebisawa (video)
- Airway Allergy Slide Set
- Airway Allergy Key Messages
- World Allergy Week logo
- Save the Date flyer
- World Allergy Week Resource flyer
- World Allergy Week poster
- Patient Advocacy Organizations and Resources
- WAO and Member Society Airway Allergy Online Resources
Many Ways to Participate!
WAO welcomes your participation in any of the following recommended World Allergy Week activities on a national level:
- Link the logo from your society’s homepage and highlight the available resources.
- Translate news releases and disseminate them nationally and include contact information for one or two society representatives to speak about “Airway Allergies - The Human and Economic Burden.”
- Send WAO the names, affiliations and email addresses of medical journalists in your area who might be interested in the press teleconference on 13 April, 9:00 AM EDT and 15 April, 2:00 PM JST (Send email to email@example.com).
- Conduct media events in your area such as a news conference or educational events. Contact television and radio stations and ask them to host World Allergy Week 2015 interviews with local allergy specialists. (For ideas, see examples of media coverage from World Allergy Week 2014.)
- Use the WAO White Book on Allergy Update 2013 as a resource. If your society submitted an individual report, you may wish to use this to highlight the need for local allergy patient services and to take the opportunity to reference the full publication to your members, the public, health planners, politicians, universities, private health funders and your national Department of Health – with your society’s endorsement. Links to downloadable files are provided in the resources center.
- Please send us your ideas for promotions or activities that have been successful for your society for us to share with your fellow WAO Member Societies!
The WAO Board of Directors and the WAO Communications Committee sincerely thank you for your valuable participation in this initiative!
For more information or questions about World Allergy Week, contact the WAO Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell us on Twitter (@worldallergy)