For WAO Member Societies
Join Us! Lanny Rossenwasser, President of the World Allergy Organization (WAO), and Professor Motohiro Ebisawa, Chair of the WAO Communications Council, warmly welcome WAO Member Societies to World Allergy Week 2014 (7-13 April).
This year’s theme is “Anaphylaxis - When Allergies Can Be Severe and Fatal,” and there are many ways Member Societies can participate to help highlight anaphylaxis, provide information about increasing prevalence, and explain the need for enhanced education and patient care services that will help improve safety and quality of life for those who suffer from anaphylaxis.
WAO has again provided resources for its Member Societies to use for local activities. Learn more by following the links listed below.
World Allergy Week 2014 Resources
- Welcome Message from Dr. Rosenwasser (video)
- Welcome Message from Prof. Ebisawa and Dr. Greenberger (video)
- Welcome Message from Prof. Pawankar (video)
- Save the Date Flyer
- World Allergy Week logo
- Patient Advocacy Organizations
- WAO Anaphylaxis Resources Online
Many Ways to Participate!
WAO welcomes your participation in any of the following recommended World Allergy Week activities on a national level:
- Link the logo from your society’s homepage and highlight the available resources.
- Translate news releases and disseminate them nationally and include contact information for one or two society representatives to speak about “Anaphylaxis - When Allergies Can Be Severe and Fatal.”
- Send WAO the names, affiliations and email addresses of medical journalists in your area who might be interested in the press teleconference to be announced (Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Conduct media events in your area such as a news conference or educational events. Contact television and radio stations and ask them to host World Allergy Week 2014 interviews with local allergy specialists. (For ideas, see examples of media coverage from World Allergy Week 2013.)
- Use the WAO White Book on Allergy as a resource. If your society submitted an individual report, you may wish to use this to highlight the need for local allergy patient services and to take the opportunity to reference the full publication to your members, the public, health planners, politicians, universities, private health funders and your national Department of Health – with your society’s endorsement. Links to downloadable files are provided in the resources center.
- Please send us your ideas for promotions or activities that have been successful for your society for us to share with your fellow WAO Member Societies!
The WAO Board of Directors and the WAO Communications Council sincerely thank you for your valuable participation in this initiative!
For more information or questions about World Allergy Week, contact the WAO Secretariat at: email@example.com.