Allergy Related Organizations
WAO has assembled a comprehensive list of links to a wide variety of allergy-related organizations. For articles relating to specific allergic diseases, please visit the Allergic Diseases Resource Center.
If you would like to suggest other global allergy-related organizations, please email the website address to email@example.com. WAO will review the site and notify you of its decision.
WAO Member Societies
The World Allergy Organization (WAO) is an international umbrella organization. By collaborating with member societies, WAO provides direct educational outreach programs, symposia and lectureships to members in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
Allergic Rhinitis and It's Impact on Asthma - ARIA - is a non-governmental organization working in collaboration with the World Health Organization. The purpose and mission of ARIA is to educate and implement evidence-based management on allergic rhinitis and its
association with asthma.
Global Allergy and Asthma European Network. The objective of the European Union funded GA²LEN Network of Excellence is to establish an internationally competitive network of European centers of excellence in allergy and asthma. The program aims to strengthen European research, spread excellence and knowledge, to address allergy and asthma in their totality and eventually to decrease the burden of allergy and asthma in all regions of Europe.
The Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) works with health care professionals and public health officials around the world to reduce asthma prevalence, morbidity, and mortality.
Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. The objectives of GOLD are to address diagnosis, management, prevention and awareness of chronic obstructive lung disease.
International Union of Immunological Societies (I.U.I.S.)
The I.U.I.S. Allergen Nomenclature Sub-committee operates under the auspices of the International Union of Immunological Societies (I.U.I.S.) and the World Health Organization (W.H.O.). The objectives of the I.U.I.S. Allergen Nomenclature Sub-committee are to:
- Maintain a unique and unambiguous nomenclature for allergen molecules
- Maintain the 'official list of allergens'
Public Health Organizations
- The Allergome website has been designed to supply information on Allergenic Molecules (Allergens).
- Identified molecules causing an IgE-mediated (allergic, atopic) disease (anaphylaxis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, conjunctivitis, rhinitis, urticaria) have been selected from international scientific journals and from web-based resources.
- It also contains data on allergenic sources whether they have identified molecules or not.