For WAO Member Societies
Join Us! Professor Motohiro Ebisawa, President of the World Allergy Organization (WAO), warmly welcomes WAO Member Societies to World Allergy Week 2022 (5-11 June).
This year the focus is on the connection between asthma and allergic airway diseases. There are many ways Member Societies can participate. Find several ideas below, based on activities from previous World Allergy Week campaigns.
World Allergy Week 2022 Resources for Member Society Organizations
Activities for participation at the local and national level:
- Link the logo from your society’s homepage to www.worldallergyweek.org.
- Post the infographic.
- Translate news releases and disseminate them nationally and include contact information for one or two society representatives to speak about World AllergyWeek. The current news releases are:
- Promote and attend the webinar, Breathe Better - The Asthma and Allergy Connection!
- Welcome and Introduction - Motohiro Ebisawa, WAO President
- Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis: One Airway Diseases - Nikos Papadopoulos
- Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis: Novel Mechanisms and Treatments - Manali Mukherjee
- Chronic Cough and Allergy Connection - Woo-Jung Song
- Promoting Better Breathing and Quality of Life - Tari Haahtela
- Global Issues - Elham Hossny
- Question and Answer Session - All Faculty
- Moderators: Yoon-Seok Chang and Michael Levin
- Conduct media events in your area such as a news conference or educational events. Contact television and radio stations and ask them to host World Allergy Week 2022 interviews with local allergy specialists.
Join the Conversation
How will you raise awareness of the asthma and allergy connection?
The WAO Board of Directors sincerely thanks you for your valuable participation in this initiative!
For more information or questions about World Allergy Week, contact the WAO Secretariat at: email@example.com.