For WAO Member Societies
Join Us! Professor Motohiro Ebisawa, President of the World Allergy Organization (WAO), warmly welcomes WAO Member Societies to World Allergy Week 2020 (28 June - 4 July 2020).
This year’s theme is: Allergy Care Does Not Stop with COVID-19. There are many ways Member Societies can participate and to learn more about COVID-19 and how this affects our patients with allergies. In the coming weeks, below you will find updates, including how to join our webinar and to access our information sheet and frequently asked questions about COVID-19.
World Allergy Week 2020 Resources for Members and Member Society Organizations
COVID-19 & Allergy Information Sheet (PDF)
World Allergy Week 2020 Announcement (PDF) - Press Release
World Allergy Week 2020 Physician Brief (PDF)
World Allergy Week 2020 Launch (PDF) - Press Release
Share with WAO your plans for World Allergy Week at https://www.facebook.com/worldallergyorg.
"COVID-19 and Allergic Diseases" | Webinar 2 July 2020 at 8:00 a.m. EDT Access Recording
Important Note: WAO and World Allergy Week logos and materials may not be used for commercial purposes.
Many Ways to Participate!
WAO welcomes your participation in any of the following recommended World Allergy Week activities on a national level:
- Link the logo from your society’s homepage and highlight the available resources. Please note that this image should not be resized or changed in any way and cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- Translate news releases and disseminate them nationally and include contact information for one or two society representatives to speak about World Allergy Week.
- Attend the webinar
- Conduct media events in your area such as a news conference or educational events. Contact television and radio stations and ask them to host World Allergy Week 2020 interviews with local allergy specialists.
- Use the WAO White Book on Allergy Update 2013 as a resource. If your society submitted an individual report, you may wish to use this to highlight the need for local allergy patient services and to take the opportunity to reference the full publication to your members, the public, health planners, politicians, universities, private health funders and your national Department of Health – with your society’s endorsement.
- Please send us your ideas for promotions or activities that have been successful for your society for us to share with your fellow WAO Member Societies! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The WAO Board of Directors sincerely thanks you for your valuable participation in this initiative!
For more information or questions about World Allergy Week, contact the WAO Secretariat at: email@example.com.