For WAO Member Societies
Join Us! Professor Ignacio J. Ansotegui, President of the World Allergy Organization (WAO), and Professor Elham Hossny, Scientific Chair of the WAO Communications Committee, warmly welcome WAO Member Societies to World Allergy Week 2019 (7-13 April 2019).
This year’s theme is The Global Problem of Food Allergy. There are many ways Member Societies can participate to help highlight food allergy, provide information and explain the role of the allergist in diagnosing and treating food allergy for improved quality of life.
World Allergy Week 2019 Resources for Members and Member Society Organizations
World Allergy Week 2019 Announcement (Press Release)
Share with WAO your plans for World Allergy Week at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar registration is open! Register Here!
Many Ways to Participate!
WAO welcomes your participation in any of the following recommended World Allergy Week activities on a national level:
- Link the logo from your society’s homepage and highlight the available resources.
- Download the logo by clicking here and saving the image file.
- Translate news releases and disseminate them nationally and include contact information for one or two society representatives to speak about World Allergy Week.
- Attend the webinar
- Conduct media events in your area such as a news conference or educational events. Contact television and radio stations and ask them to host World Allergy Week 2019 interviews with local allergy specialists.
- Use the WAO White Book on Allergy Update 2013 as a resource. If your society submitted an individual report, you may wish to use this to highlight the need for local allergy patient services and to take the opportunity to reference the full publication to your members, the public, health planners, politicians, universities, private health funders and your national Department of Health – with your society’s endorsement.
- Please send us your ideas for promotions or activities that have been successful for your society for us to share with your fellow WAO Member Societies!
The WAO Board of Directors and the WAO Communications Committee sincerely thank you for your valuable participation in this initiative!
For more information or questions about World Allergy Week, contact the WAO Secretariat at: email@example.com.