For WAO Member Societies
Join Us! Professor Motohiro Ebisawa, President of the World Allergy Organization (WAO), warmly welcomes WAO Member Societies to World Allergy Week 2021 (13-19 June 2021).
This year’s theme is: Anaphylaxis. There are many ways Member Societies can participate and to learn more about Anaphylaxis, including COVID-19 vaccine-induced anaphylaxis. As we approach World Allergy Week, we will add resources and updates on this page, including how to join our webinar and to access our infographic.
World Allergy Week 2021 Resources for Members and Member Society Organizations
Many Ways to Participate!
WAO welcomes your participation in any of the following recommended World Allergy Week activities on a national level:
- Link the logo from your society’s homepage and highlight the available resources. Please note that this image should not be resized or changed in any way and cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- Translate news releases and disseminate them nationally and include contact information for one or two society representatives to speak about World Allergy Week.
- Attend the webinar, which will take place Thursday, 17 June 2021
- Conduct media events in your area such as a news conference or educational events. Contact television and radio stations and ask them to host World Allergy Week 2021 interviews with local allergy specialists.
- Use the WAO White Book on Allergy Update 2013 as a resource. If your society submitted an individual report, you may wish to use this to highlight the need for local allergy patient services and to take the opportunity to reference the full publication to your members, the public, health planners, politicians, universities, private health funders and your national Department of Health – with your society’s endorsement.
- Please send us your ideas for promotions or activities that have been successful for your society for us to share with your fellow WAO Member Societies! (email@example.com)
The WAO Board of Directors sincerely thanks you for your valuable participation in this initiative!
For more information or questions about World Allergy Week, contact the WAO Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org.