Alpine Allergy Campus (Davos, Switzerland)
A campus for clinical care, research and education in the allergy and asthma field
The Allergy Campus Davos sets out to create an internationally unique center of excellence for allergy and asthma research, which will enable genuine translation and will be able to combine fundamental research, clinical research, clinical and out-patient care, development of treatments, education, training and continuing professional development for students and physicians, as well as conferences and meetings, ideally in one and the same place.
The Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research (SIAF) and the Christine Kühne – Center for Allergy Research and Education (CK-CARE), have been involved in a close collaboration for several years. Both play an internationally leading role in their respective fields: the SIAF as one of the key research institutes in the field of allergies; CK-CARE as an allergy research and education project and international association of leading partners with its center in Davos – an internationally unique initiative with enormous potential for expansion. CK-CARE and SIAF have committed themselves at the strategic level to the concept of translational research which has such a promising future: based on this concept, the results of research directly benefit the patients in the clinical setting, through physical and organizational proximity. The Hochgebirgsklinik Davos (HGK) has been reorganized with a new operating concept with the aim of creating one of the leading clinics in the allergy field, not least thanks to its proximity to research. The HGK has in and outpatient treatment facilities in four departments for Adult Pneumology and Allergology, Adult Dermatology and Allergology, Adult Cardiology as well as the Allergy Clinic – Center for Children and Adolescents.
Together under one roof, inflammatory and allergic diseases of the skin and airways are treated to the highest standards in an interdisciplinary approach that includes psychological, psychosomatic and nutritional treatments as well as physiotherapy, sports and occupational therapy.
- Application Process
- Africa, Middle East and CIS
- Asia Pacific
- Alpine Allergy Campus (Davos, Switzerland)
- Center for Basic and Clinical Immunology (Naples, Italy)
- Guy’s & St. Thomas’ Hospitals (London, United Kingdom)
- Medical University of Lodz (Lodz, Poland)
- São João Hospital Center Allergy and Clinical Immunology Department
- Southampton Allergy Centre (Southampton, England)
- The Center for Allergy, Immunology and Pediatric Pneumology at Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico (Milan, Italy)
- Bichat Hospital Allergology Center (Paris, France)
- UCLouvain Allergy Center (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology Center, Hospital Dona Estefânia (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Allergy Research Centre Antwerp University Hospital (ARCUZA) (Edegem, Belgium)
- The Centre for Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology (AACI) (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
- The Academic Center of Allergic Diseases, Erasmus MC (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University (VGMU) (Vitebsk, Belarus)
- Latin America
- North America