Guy’s & St. Thomas’ Hospitals (London, United Kingdom)
Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Our mission is to provide excellence in clinical care, research and education.
Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust comprises two of London’s best known teaching hospitals with a long and proud history, dating back almost 900 years. We have been at the forefront of medical progress and innovation since they were founded. We continue to build on these traditions and have a reputation for clinical, teaching and research excellence. We are among the UK’s busiest, most successful foundation trusts.
We provide a full range of local hospital and community services for people in Lambeth and Southwark, as well as specialist care for patients from further afield, including cancer, renal and cardiothoracic services. Evelina London Children’s Hospital at St Thomas’ provides many specialist services, including treatment for complex heart conditions, as well as general services for local children. Guy’s is home to the largest dental school in Europe. We have a long tradition of clinical and scientific achievement and – as part of King’s Health Partners – we are one of England’s six Academic Health Sciences Centres, bringing together world-class clinical services, teaching and research. We work closely with our AHSC partners King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts and King’s College London, our shared university partner. We have one of the National Institute for Health Research’s (NIHR) Biomedical Research Centres, established with King’s College London in 2007, as well as dedicated Clinical Research Facilities. We have around 15,000 employees, making us one of the biggest employers locally. We aim to reflect the diversity of local communities we serve and continue to develop new and existing partnerships with local people, patients, neighbouring National Health Service organisations, local authorities and charitable bodies and GPs. We strive to recruit and retain the best staff as the dedication and skill of our employees ensure that our services are high quality, safe and patient focused
The trust offers the UK’s largest, specialist allergy service, with the Children’s Allergy Service, based at St Thomas’ Hospital and the Adult Allergy Service based at Guy’s Hospital. The academic department has an international reputation for scientific and patient based research in Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology. They have expertise in the clinical trials, epidemiology, diagnostic laboratory and scientific basis of allergic disease. The department boasts a number of world leading physicians and scientists in allergy including academic leads Professors Gideon Lack (Paediatric) & Chris Corrigan (Adult) as well as numerous clinical academics and physicians including on the Paediatric side, Dr Adam Fox, Dr George du Toit, Dr Susan Chan, Dr Kate Swan, Dr Alexandra Santos, Dr Tom Marrs & Roisin Fitzsimons (Consultant Nurse) and on the Adult side, Dr Rubaiyat Haque, Dr Stephen Till, Dr Rosa Caballero, Dr Victor Turcanu & Dr Chris Rutkowski, alongside a dedicated team of specialist nurses, dieticians & doctors in training.
The Allergy service is recognised as a national training centre for both Adult and Paediatric Allergy, accredited as a GALEN Centre of Excellence and recognised as a highly specialist provider by NHS England and the Royal College of Physicians. It provides both secondary, tertiary and quaternary services across the full range of allergic disorders for patients from across the UK. The service is Consultant led, with full integration between clinical and academic services, sharing a common ethos to deliver excellence in clinical care, education and research on behalf of the patient population. All members of the Consultant team, plus those in dietetics and nursing, are actively involved in both teaching and research. The service works actively with allied specialities providing joint clinics for complex patients with dermatology, gastroenterology & ENT as well as a jointly run transition clinic for adolescent patients.
The Allergy Academy provides a comprehensive range of educational opportunities for both patients and health care professionals of all backgrounds. The department also hosts national training days for speciality trainee doctors in Allergy and Clinical Immunology (Royal College of Physicians, Royal College of Paediatrics and Royal College of Pathologists approved) and has a well-established visiting professionals programme for doctors from around the world.
- Application Process
- Africa, Middle East and CIS
- Asia Pacific
- CK-CARE: Alpine Allergy Campus (Davos, Switzerland)
- Center for Basic and Clinical Immunology (Naples, Italy)
- Guy’s & St. Thomas’ Hospitals (London, United Kingdom)
- Medical University of Lodz (Lodz, Poland)
- São João Hospital Center Allergy and Clinical Immunology Department
- Southampton Allergy Centre (Southampton, England)
- The Center for Allergy, Immunology and Pediatric Pneumology at Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico (Milan, Italy)
- Bichat Hospital Allergology Center (Paris, France)
- UCLouvain Allergy Center (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology Center, Hospital Dona Estefânia (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Allergy Research Centre Antwerp University Hospital (ARCUZA) (Edegem, Belgium)
- The Centre for Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology (AACI) (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
- The Academic Center of Allergic Diseases, Erasmus MC (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University (VGMU) (Vitebsk, Belarus)
- Centro Hospitalar Universitário Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Asthma Center, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Fondazione Policlinico Universitario A. Gemelli - IRCCS (Rome, Italy)
- Clínica Universidad de Navarra (Pamplona, Spain)
- Imperial College London/Imperial College NHS Healthcare Trust (London, England)
- Allergy Center Hessen (Marburg, Germany)
- National Kapodistrian University of Athens (Athens, Greece)
- Latin America
- North America