Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI - Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (Mexico City, Mexico)
Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Médico Nacional Siglo XXI
The Allergy and Clinical Immunology service of the Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Médico Nacional Siglo XXI, in Mexico City, belongs to the largest public social security institution in the country. It is a national reference center for diagnosis and specialized treatment in allergic diseases and immunodeficiencies.
Our mission is to be a service equipped with high technology, resolutive capacity, and constant training, which meets the needs and expectations of the right-holders, contributing with quality scientific research and high-level educational training for our resident doctors, forging the best Allergy and Clinical Immunology service in the country.
We are a team of professionals trained in the area of Allergy and Clinical Immunology that seeks the highest quality and excellence in the care work, teaching and researching, through the constant updating and training of our medical and non-medical staff, as well like the medical residents in formation, for a better attention of our patients and resolution of problems, as well as to stand out as one of the best groups of Allergy and Clinical Immunology of the country.
We have these goals: Since 2015, it has been led by Nora Hilda Segura Méndez MD, who also serves as editor-in-chief of the Revista Alergia México, which is the one scientific, the most important of the specialty in Latin America. She’s the titular professor of the graduate course in Allergy and Clinical Immunology. She has national and international publications and her mains lines of research are primary immunodeficiencies, anaphylaxis and asthma.
The medical team is divided into clinics, which allow a highly specialized diagnosis and treatment, but also support in teaching and researching. We have 5 affiliated doctors, which are distributed as follows:
- Leonel Gerardo Del Rivero Hernández MD is the adjunct professor of the Postgraduate Course on Allergy and Clinical Immunology also he has the asthma clinic and drug and food allergies clinics.
- Claudia Yusdivia Beltrán de Paz MD is the responsible for the subcutaneous and sublingual immunotherapy clinic and respiratory allergy (asthma, allergic rhinitis) clinics.
- Diana Andrea Herrera Sánchez MD has the chronic urticaria, hereditary angioedema clinics and she is the responsible the basic-clinical Immunology laboratory.
- Juan José Matta Campos MD has respiratory allergy (asthma, allergic rhinitis) and autoimmune uveitis clinics.
- Patricia Maria O'Farrill Romanillos MD has the primary immunodeficiencies, occupational asthma and contact dermatitis clinics.
All service members are actively involved in the teaching and researching process. We currently have 7 medical residents who 3 have training in internal medicine and 4 in pediatrics. They actively participate in rotations at a national and international level such as the Hospital de San Carlos or Hospital La Fe in Spain. The postgraduate course is endorsed by the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
Also, we have an own laboratory that provides the scientific background of are practice, and we participate in many research trials with others nationals units of investigation.
We organize educational days for the training of first level physician and the other specialists, as well as educational programs for patients.
In the direction of the WAO mission, our service would support in providing continuous medical education programs (medical, scholarship and patients) and high-quality research, in journals with high impact at National and International level in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, which have repercussions on the medical attention of the beneficiaries.
- Application Process
- Africa, Middle East and CIS
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America