Hospital Infantil de México Federico Gómez (Mexico City, Mexico)
Centre of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology at
Hospital Infantil de México Federico Gómez (HIMFG)
The Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology service is a regional Comprehensive Care Centre for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of patients with suspected allergic diseases, difficult asthma and immunodeficiency disorders.
The mission of our Centre is to give medical attention of high specialty on pediatric allergy and clinical immunology, giving safe attention and a high quality by sub-specialist on pediatrics, and doctors in training, and also to carry out excellence scientific research on allergic and immunologic diseases and their comorbidities.
Our aim is to be a Centre of national and international reference for the specialized and high quality attendance, by the acquisition of knowledge through investigation for boosting the pediatric allergy and immunology advances. Other of our goals is to form human resources able to develop scientific researches, providing high quality medical attention for prevention, diagnostic and treatment of allergic and immunologic diseases on children with low socioeconomic level who cannot afford social security.
The scientific and technological investigations at HIMFG is one of the mainstays of our Institution. It is carried out under normative rules adapting institutional characteristics and activities and ruled out at the same time under international standards.
Key physicians to conduct the operation of the service both clinically and in research are:
- Dr. Blanca E . Del Rio Navarro (Head of Pediatric Allergy and Clinical Immunology Service/Research lead)
- Dr. Elsy Maureen Navarrete Rodríguez PhD (Research lead).
- Dr. Omar Saucedo and Dr. Cesar Fireth Pozo Beltrán (Clinical leads)
- Dr. Jaime Del Rio (Educational lead)
The Consultant team consists of 6 Pediatric allergist’s physicians.
- Dr. Blanca Estela del Rio Navarro, head of the Centre and Medical Researcher on Medical Sciences (ICM): Member of the National Researchers System (SNI): Level II, works mainly in researchers on:
- Asthma and obesity
- Epidemiology of allergy diseases
- Immunotherapy of allergy diseases
- Immunostimulants of Cochrane infectology group
- Food allergy
- Dr Jaime del Rio Chivardi (Titular Professor of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology Clinic and continuous medical former in charge)
- Dr. Elsy Maureen Navarrete Rodríguez (Research lead and in charge of research projects/ Member of the SNI, level C)
- Dr. Omar Saucedo (In charge of Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases Clinic and Severe Atopic Dermatitis Clinic)
- Dr. Lourdes Ávila (In charge of Pulmonar physiology laboratory and Difficult to Control Asthma Clinic)
- Dr. Cesar Fireth Pozo Beltrán (In charge of Food Allergy Clinic and Allergy Molecular Diagnosis)
All of the Doctors are certificated by the National Council of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, members of the Mexican College of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Mexican College of Pediatricians specialized on Clinical Immunology and Allergy.
The Allergy and immunology program provides a formal teaching program at certificate, for Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México that wish to improve their understanding and management of allergic disease. The research work is part of their training as medical specialists, have been published in leading Allergy journals.
The department also hosts national training days for specialty trainee doctors in Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
On line with WAO’s mission that has developed extensive educational resources, position papers, recommendations for allergy training, undergraduate curriculum materials and the WAO White book on Allergy, the Allergy and Immunology department of HIMFG would join hands in enhancing the knowledge in allergy and clinical immunology for practicing physicians, fellows, patients, families and healthcare practitioners across the world. We would like to support and add to WAO's educational and training programs via in person education as well as e-learning especially in emerging regions where access to high quality educational resources are limited and where improved education can translate into increased capacity building and improved allergy care.
- Application Process
- Africa, Middle East and CIS
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Centro Regional de Alergía Inmunología (Monterrey, México)
- Immunology, Allergy and HIV Service, Clinical Hospital University of Chile (Santiago, Chile)
- Hospital Infantil de México Federico Gómez (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Group of Clinical and Experimental Allergy (GACE) (Medellin, Colombia)
- Institute for Immunological Research (Cartagena, Colombia)
- National Medical Center "20 de Noviembre" (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Hospital Nacional Edgardo Rebagliati Martins (Lima, Peru)
- North America